• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, June 20, 2005

    Woman in waiting

    I've come to the conclusion that while technology can be a wonderfully facilitating thing, it has also shortened everyone's attention spans and patience thresholds. I mean, don't you get annoyed whenever you get a busy signal on the phone? Or frustrated with a computer that takes even nanoseconds longer to load a document or retrieve some data than it really should? Why is that? It's because our expectations are that better technology should allow us all instant access.

    Well, that better technology doesn't help when it comes to law school grades being posted. Human delay prevails.

    Grades at my school were due into the registrar today. Never mind that 60% of most of classes had already been reported because of the graduating students. One might think that it would make sense to submit the rest at the same time -- or soon thereafter (graduation was a month ago!!!~)... but nope. Still not a single grade up for any of my classes. Most other students have some already. Many have most. I have none.

    And I know it's not the technology that's creating the delay. It's either the professors or the registrar or both. It's the technology that created the expectation of instant gratification however.

    Grrr...

    I guess that law student habits of procrastination don't fix themselves after graduation. Professor procratinate too.

    eXTReMe Tracker