• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, May 18, 2005

    Law school and procrastination don't mix

    Just finished the semester yesterday. Had one paper and two finals to finish up in a 48-hour period... not because it was scheduled that way, but because I'm an idiot. I procrastinated doing stuff until the very last minute, literally. My last exam was a 24-hour take home which was due at 5:00. I was working on it out in the 'burbs and ended up running to the metro because I missed my bus. What a sad sight -- me, in yoga pants with my hair in a ponytail hidden under a baseball cap, running, sweating and smelly (didn't have time to shower) through a very nice residential neighborhood. I think several suburban moms and caretakers thought I was the local crazy.

    Truth is, I was... frantic that I would screw up and hand the exam in late. Of course, I envisioned every possible scenario: getting on the train in the wrong direction; track delays; getting hit by a car because I was focused on the time, not the traffic... all the time berating myself for putting myself through the stress yet again. And to be honest, my performance on the exam wasn't exactly stellar, although at that point, it was the very least of my worries.

    Why do I do this to myself every single semester? This year was just that much worse than in the past. I guess the good news is that I only have one more semester of school, so even on this geometric progression, it can't get too much worse.

    ::sigh::

    But it's done. Not well, but done.

    eXTReMe Tracker