• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, May 02, 2005

    Exam purgatory

    I am going to have to kiss my life good-bye for the next two weeks as I try to bring myself up to speed for this minor inconvenience called final exams. Ugh. Once again, I have failed to stay on top of the work and face a deluge that threatens to drown me. Once again, I find myself only barely treading water.

    Gasp. Gasp!

    I have a self-scheduled 4-hour take home in Sex Orientation and the Law (sweet! love that they gave us this flexibility); in-class exams for Employment Law and Civil Rights and a paper for Lawmaking and Statutory Interpretation (care to hear about the separation of powers arguments attendant in the "Pledge Protection Act of 2004" which stripped the federal courts and the Supreme Court of all jurisdiction for judicial review? No? Me neither.)

    Although I have made pretty good progress in the past few days, I feel like my brain has almost reached saturation point such that I will have to step away from it to let everything soak in completely. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of that kind of time. You would think after all the years I've been in school that I would know better than to continually put myself through this stress and anxiety. You would think... but nope.

    Back to outlining "Compulsory Heterosexuality and Lesbian Existence"...

    eXTReMe Tracker