• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, April 27, 2005

    Gotta be a grown-up tomorrow

    And, by that, I mean that I have to be in a suit with makeup and my hair done, coherent, articulate and ON time for a meeting in the Capitol at 9:00. I don't do mornings, so this is rough for me. Poor me. Anyway, I try to save as much time as possible in the morning to sleep as late as possible by planning the night before what I'm going to wear. (red suit? black with pearls?) Which shoes? Heels that I can walk in... and then there's my hair.

    My hair can be a pain to "do" in the morning. If I plan to blow-dry all two feet of it, it takes time. So I'll wear it up -- I look more like a grown-up with it up anyway -- which is much easier to do when wet because the hair can be wound against itself to stay in place. That saves at least 20 minutes. Phew!

    See? This is fine-tuning the timing, just like a pit crew in long distance race. The all-important goal is, of course, allowing myself to sleep in as long as possible.

    Just thinking about it, I'm already tired. This just takes too much energy! And I plan on working at a firm this summer? This may be the deal-breaker which sends me back to the non-profit sector!

    eXTReMe Tracker