• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, June 08, 2005

    Coming up for air!

    So, last Tuesday, I started at a large law firm as a summer associate. It's pretty daunting to begin a new job where you are the dumbest person around -- not only on the law, but also on process, procedure, protocol, basic floorplan, etc. No major gaffes yet, but I have to say that it was a kinda a lonely start. I'm used to knowing everything and everyone, and now I barely get any emails at all! My fellow "summers" are really great and terrifically talented, and that is one huge benefit to the program... that and all the free meals, t-shirts and other swag. Hey, I'm a student -- I'm all over the free stuff!

    I am enjoying the work, such that it is. It's been a slow start, but the firm has a variety of practice areas. Some of the work that I've been told about but not yet assigned sounds really interesting. Some doesn't, but ya' know... And I think the folks at the firm -- so far -- are really collegial and helpful. I still don't know if it's the life for me, but I definitely want to keep an open mind.

    Our first payday is Friday, and that doesn't hurt either...

    eXTReMe Tracker