• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, September 09, 2008

    Another reason

    So, yesterday and today I've had the pleasure of hearing everyone -- and I mean everyone -- in my department around me being informed that they are getting bonuses.

    Me? Dunno.

    Ya' see, the way the gov't works is there are two different bonus systems. One for the lower grades -- which I am -- and one for the higher grades -- which everyone else in my office is. Don't ask my why I, as an attorney, am the lowest graded person in my office (other than clerical staff). Mostly it's because (almost all) my co-workers have been here for 15 years minimum (seriously!), so they have worked their ways up over time. I've been here less than two years, so I haven't gotten all those promotions.

    But anyway... so they are all getting told about their bonuses. I don't know if I'll get one because I don't qualify under that system (and I don't know if there is any notification process under the other one). So it's kinda tough listening to everyone saying "thank you" because it reminds me how undergraded I am and makes me wonder if I am the only one who isn't getting a bonus (which wouldn't surprise me), despite working as hard or harder than the rest of them.

    Another great way to start the week! Yippee.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker