• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, June 05, 2008

    Update on our ceiling on the floor

    Preliminary conversations with our insurance lead me to believe that they are NOT going to cover this. We need to get a general contractor in there to assess the situation and see if s/he can determine the cause of the implosion. However, if it's workmanship, defective materials or just general expansion/contraction from the aging of the house, we are SOL. Bugger.

    So now that demo isn't an issue, we're thinking that we'll probably put in some recessed lighting when we install the new ceiling. Maybe a few other upgrades too. Of course, with the wedding coming, our cash is tight, so we may just have a giant hole for the next six months.

    Lovely.

    I guess we'll add "new living room ceiling" to our wedding registry...?

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker