• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, April 16, 2008

    Today...

    Today is one of those days when I find absolutely everything annoying. Even the things which usually don't annoy me are. And especially things things and people that are generally annoying are even more so. I'm grouchy that way today.

    Today is one of those days when I wish I had a different work situation or a winning lottery ticket or the confidence and irresponsibility to just chuck it and pursue my creativity as a vocation.

    Today is one of those days when I wish it were Friday. Except that I don't because this Friday I am flying out to the left coast for a meeting which will suck up my entire weekend and leave me drained of energy and without a counterveiling feeling of productivity. Usually, Friday brings a glimmer of hope of a reprieve from the tedium of the workweek. Sadly, the tedium will continue and be magnified this weekend.

    Today is one of those days that used to drive me to eat. I feel the urge now (coupled with real hunger), and I am resisting it. I know that I am a stress eater (um, how much weight did I gain during law school and while studying for the bar??), and I can combat it if I recognize it and call it out for what it is. Still, I want junk food right now, and fighting the craving is stressful and adds to my cranky.

    Today is one of those days when I just feel like complaining. Can you tell?

    Today is just one of those days.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker