• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, December 08, 2007

    Didn't make my goal

    I had a short-term goal of reaching -25 by today. I have a great friend visiting from out of town, and I had set the day of her visit as a first mini-goal. -25 lbs.

    Well, I didn't make it. However, given the three dinners this week (holiday parties, book club) where I ate everything I wanted, including dessert, triple cream brie (ohhh, yum!) and all sorts of wonderful things with cream sauces, well, I'm thrilled that I actually lost half a pound.

    No, I have no idea how that happened. I'm guessing that my metabolism is working faster than it used to.

    Anyway, it's all good.

    And my friend is coming tonight, so our household is a whirling dervish to clean for her (she's a neat freak, so I don't want to completely gross her out!). I know she won't care what the place looks like; she'll only want to see me. But I care. Maybe not as much as others might, but I have some small sense of house pride.

    The other "big" news is that last night, SM and I decided that I should go home with him for a few days over Christmas.

    Oh yea, it's the "finacee" visit.

    Oh my.

    Georgie gave us the 24th off (if his evangelicalism translates to an extra day off before Christmas, I'm all for it -- just so long as it's not in lieu of a pay raise!), so I'm now flying up to New Hampshire with SM on Saturday night and coming back on Monday morning.

    I have to admit that I'm a little anxious about the visit. I don't like being the center of a fuss. And I will be. We're going to have have to "make the rounds". Grandparents, aunts, etc. I'm sure it will all be very nice and happy, but I can't help but dread it just a bit -- not because of how I expect his family to be (I've already met many of them) but because I just don't want all of the fuss. Does that make sense?

    Anyway, I've got to get back to my chores...

    Labels: , , , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker