• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, December 01, 2007

    1 in only 3.3 billion

    Me, that is.

    Until about five minutes ago, I thought I was unique. Well, my name anyway. I just googled myself and found the friendster profile of a girl in Manila with my name, spelled the same way I do. (I say that because my first name has many spellings, and mine is the less common of the common spellings. My last name is ethnic, and not so common in English-speaking countries so mine is a rare combo.)

    Oh well. No longer unique in name. But I was for 22 years (that other one is 17, according to her profile). I guess I can hope that her first name is an "adopted" name -- meaning, she chose to use it rather than her given name -- because I liked being able to claim that I was the only one in the world. I can't help but be a little bummed.

    Oh well.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker