• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, June 03, 2007

    And they're out!

    Finally, the handymen guys finished the last project -- the doggy door custom install -- and it took them way, WAY longer than it should have or than anyone thought it would. They didn't leave until after 10:00 tonight, having arrived at 9:30 this morning. Oh my! Of course, their tools and equipment are still here, so they'll be back tomorrow to do the finishing touches and haul their stuff and the left-over materials away.

    Despite not leaving the house all day, I didn't get much done in terms of unpacking, but I did get a chunk of the kitchen done. That's not as simple as it sounds... each cabinet has to be peeled of its old contact paper, cleaned, measured for new contact paper and contact papered (which usually takes a number of adjustments). Then I open the boxes of stuff labeled "kitchen", throw the dishes in the dishwasher, run it and then figure out where things should go. This kitchen has much, much less storage than SM's place (story of the whole house!) -- add to that the fact that my stuff has to be incorporated, and we've got a cabinet shortage. SM and I decided to combine our pots/pans and use most of my dishes/kitchen stuff (because I have the stuff we need). So, some of both of things need to be stored.

    (Gawd this is a boring post. Really, who cares whose cutlery, pots, pans and dishes we'll be using? It's so mundane and tedious -- but then again, my life is so mundane and tedious. Sorry!)

    And yeah, we're going to have to have a yard sale to get rid of the excess crap.

    But, after tomorrow, we can really start unpacking. Yay! As exhausting as it is, I can't wait!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker