• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, May 09, 2006

    Surprise congrats

    So I got a surprise email congratulations on passing the bar from one of my classmates (with whom I took the bar prep course). I hadn't spoken to him about it and wondered how he had heard.

    It turns out that the Baltimore Sun has a link to an online database of those who have passed the MD bar since 2001. My classmate just looked me up. So I looked myself up -- and several others, too. You know I did!

    So far, I only know one person who took the MD bar and failed. Sadly, this person has failed twice in a row and is quite demoralized. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to pick yourself up after failing twice. It takes a great deal of mental energy and courage to psyche yourself up for this beast, especially after it has bested you not only once but twice. But to my friend's credit, my friend has already submitted the paperwork for the July bar. Got my fingers crossed for the thumbs up next time!

    eXTReMe Tracker