• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, January 17, 2006

    Telling all our stories and showing all our faces

    The Golden Globe Awards this year were a fantastic, fabulous celebration of diversity. And the dresses were pretty cool, too. Not to mention how yummy George Clooney looks in a tux...!

    I was over the top when Felicity Huffman won for her portrayal of a transgendered woman in Transamerica. And how way cool that Brokeback Mountain was accorded such accolades?!? And let's not forget Philip Seymour Hoffman winning top honors for Capote!

    So cool that Ang Lee won for Best Director and Sandra Oh for Best Supporting Actress in a TV series. I'm very excited to see more Asian faces in the awards (even if not Asian American...).

    I love that Hollywood is telling more quiet but important stories, ones which reflect more and more of our experiences.

    eXTReMe Tracker