• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, October 12, 2009

    Like, omigawd, gag me with a spoon!

    I am a vision of an 80s hipster today. I have on an oversized college sweatshirt (SM's alma mater), leggings, scrunched tube socks ('cuz da' feet are cold) and my hair in a ponytail. All I need is a perm and a scrunchy, and voila -- I am the quintessential 80s college chick. Yes, I've rocked this look before.

    Speaking of which, I have noticed that 80s styles are coming back. Leggings -- check. Harem pants (a.k.a., "Hammer" pants or parachute pants) -- check. Oversized shirts/tunics -- check. Hipslung belts -- check. Slouched boots -- check. I've even heard mention of -- ::shudder:: -- of "Members Only"-style jackets coming back. Oh my. All we need is big hair. Think big hair will come back too?

    Scary when the "retro" look that is currently a la mode is something you wore before (and remember). Hmmm, I should check my closet. I bet I still have the slouchy boots and belts. No comment on the Members Only jacket. But I'd bet Scooter had one back in the day... eh?

    Where are my Reeboks anyway?

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker