• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, February 07, 2008

    Trainwreck TV

    I admit, with the writers' strike, I am watching more reality TV. Some of it is really trainwreck TV... the stuff you watch because it's sensationalistic and, for that reason, riveting -- but not really good programming. In fact, it's pretty bad programming.

    Shows that fall into that category: My Fair Brady and Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant.

    Okay, I am not proud to admit this, but I have been known to watch those shows -- because I was a huge, HUGE fan of the Brady Bunch and Happy Days in my youth -- but I can't say that they are very good. Can you say schadenfreude? Trainwreck TV.

    I also watch Project Runway and The Biggest Loser. If there is a quality hierarchy in reality TV, these shows are definitely one or more notches above the other two, which can only be described as tabloid television. At least PR and TBL are somewhat constructive. And I really think PR is pretty good stuff.

    This is what it's come to... yup.

    Anyway, for the record, I can't not say this -- on TBL, Mark is a complete ass. But he plays the game well and may win. But there is not a more obnoxious jerk on television.

    And on PR, I think Christian, Jillian and ... Chris? Maybe Rami? will make it to the final three. I hope that it's not Rami because he seems to have only one look. Plus, he's snotty and is already somewhat established in the business with his own boutique. That's why Christian, who is whiny and immature, should be in the final three. He's just starting out, and he's one of the most talented designers on the show.

    You would think that I have other things to think about, wouldn't you? You would think, but no. Hmmm.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker