• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, February 01, 2008

    First time ever

    I've been a registered voter since I turned 18. More than 21 years.

    I've also been a registered independent that entire time (although I have always caucused with the dems).

    Well, today, I got a new driver's license, and when I went to the MVA, I updated my voter registration (which was still in DC).

    I registered as a democrat.

    In MD and DC, the local elections are determined by the primary. Whoever wins the democratic primary tends to win the whole shebang. So rather than be marginalized as an independent, unaffiliated voter (because both DC and MD have closed primaries), I wanted to exercise my vote by helping to decide who would be the nominee for the big race. So, now, I am officially a democrat.

    But, sadly, too late to vote in the primaries this month.

    Oh well.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker