• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, January 30, 2008

    Not 4-H but 4-I.

    This meme is from Scooter, who usually indulges me by accepting my memes (but not by email), so I'm happy to snag one from his blog and propagate into cyberspace (oooh, that almost sounds dirty!)...

    A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
    1. retails sales clerk at Woodies (Woodward & Lothrop, you pervs -- it was a DC-based department store)
    2. English teacher
    3. civil rights advocate
    4. attorney

    B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
    1. The Shawshank Redemption
    2. The Sound of Music
    3. Star Wars
    4. The Hunt for Red October
    (okay, I have to admit that the only reason I listed those movies is because I have seen them over and over, usually on television; they aren't actually an indicator of my taste, although I do seem to watch them whenever they're on the tube.)

    C) Four places I have lived:
    1. Potomac, MD
    2. Westfield, NJ
    3. Otsu, Shiga, Japan
    4. Washington, DC

    Four TV Shows that I watch:
    1. Project Runway
    2. Heroes
    3. The Colbert Report
    4. Countdown with Keith Olberman

    E) Four places I have been:
    1. Petra, Jordan
    2. Easter Island, Chile
    3. Beijing, China
    4. Soweto, South Africa

    F) People who email me (somewhat frequently):
    1. SM
    2. my mother
    3. my boss
    4. the alumni department at Georgetown Law, often looking for money

    G) Four of my favorite foods:
    1. pizza
    2. persimmons
    3. coffee toffee ice cream
    4. sushi

    H) Four places I would rather be right now:
    1. upstairs in my bed
    2. relaxing on a vacation anywhere that is very different from Washington, DC
    (there is no 3 or 4 because I'm actually pretty happy hanging out here on my sofa with SM and Gidget snoozing next to me)

    I) Things I am looking forward to this year:
    1. our quick vacation to Lisbon and Madrid (three days each city)
    2. getting married unionized* on 08.08.08
    3. celebrating with friends on 08.10.08
    4. the elections (and the end of campaigning, fundraising and all the inane political ads)

    Anyone who is so inclined, feel free to snag away!

    * I am refraining from using the M word because our ceremony will be purely civil and legal with absolutely no religion or religious components to it.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker