• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, January 20, 2008

    How SS spent her weekend.

    Sick. Demonstrably so. And I am not a good sick person. In fact, I'm downright miserable. When I feel miserable, I share the misery with my loved ones. Poor SM. He's gotten snapped at and argued with for no good reason several times this past weekend.

    I know I'm being completely obnoxious. I am a lousy sick person. When I suffer, others suffer. I know it's not very grown-up of me. Like I said, I'm just lousy. I know I am.

    It's my stomach. It's revolting. It all started relatively mildly on Friday and then accelerated through Saturday. By Saturday evening/night, I was in undeniable pain. Cramping and general flu-y stomach aches. Really, really awful.

    The thing which especially sucked about this was that I had to chair a meeting all day Saturday. From ten until about 3:30, which translated to 8:45 until 5:00 with set-up and clean-up. The morning was okay, but as the day wore on, things got worse. And, after lunch, I had to get up and go to the bathroom just about every ten minutes -- or at least, it felt like that. I also ran through the afternoon agenda and had zero patience for the chatty stupid comments that people make. And we had a lot of people at this meeting who made the chatty stupid comments which I usually have little patience for, but had less than none yesterday. Oh well.

    And today, we were supposed to go to dim sum and bowling to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had to skip that because I wasn't about to stray more than ten feet from a familiar bathroom. No way. SM didn't mind a bit, though, because he got to see his beloved Patriots win the AFC Championship. Yay, Patriots!

    So, he's a happy camper. I'm a not-so-happy cramper.

    Today is better, but I still have a tender stomach. Every time I move, my stomach gurgles, and I wonder what I'm in for.

    Okay, enough complaining.

    But that was my weekend.

    Tomorrow, if I continue to improve (because today was infinitely better than yesterday), I have an appointment with the woman who will be making my wedding dress. Have I told you about my wedding dress? I'm having it made. Out of old kimono. It will be cocktail length. And I'm having another made for the reception (which will be the main event for guests). Also out of old kimono. Tomorrow I am having my first meeting to discuss them and get the ball rolling. Yay. I hope my stomach cooperates.

    Labels: , , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker