• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, January 15, 2008

    The Pudge Report

    H>---------------------------*------------------>G

    Only down .5 pounds this week for a total of -27.5. But I'll take it, especially since we had a few major detours from the diet.

    I found several calculators on The Biggest Loser website. While, of course, these can't be precise tools for measuring anyone's exact situation, they are interesting guides. For my height, weight, age, etc., it looks like I only need about 1400 calories to just sit and breathe (meaning zero activity) and 1600 or so for my lifestyle (light activity).

    Well, I do get some exercise everyday. I do go to the bathrooom, walk back and forth to the metro, climb stairs, channel surf and putter around, so I burn more than that 1400 calories during an average workday.

    On my diet, I've been restricted to approximately 1200-1300 calories. So that's why I've been dropping the weight without much exercise. I didn't realize that my caloric intake was so much below my estimated need.

    Imagine how well I'd do if I did exercise and built some muscle?

    Yeah, yeah. I know. I know. I'm all talk and no action, literally. Gotta get to it.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker