• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, December 19, 2007

    The problem with theory v. practice

    I just had my performance review with my boss. I was rated excellent and outstanding across the board. My boss put in the paperwork for me to get promoted.

    In theory, I should get promoted next pay period.

    In practice, all promotions are being held until the budgetary issues are resolved (continuing resolutions, omnibus spending bill, threatened presidential vetoes, etc.). So I may not get my promotion for another month or more.

    How much does that suck?

    I gotta tell you -- it sucks tremendously.

    Fingers crossed that it happens sooner rather than later. Because I really do deserve it.

    And I need am depending on getting the money.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker