• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, November 06, 2007

    The Pudge Report

    H>----------------*----------------------------->G

    After 6 weeks, I'm down 16.5 lbs. Yippee! I'm definitely seeing it in how my clothes fit, my face and my legs. I don't know if anyone else has really noticed. I haven't gotten any comments from folks, other than those who already know about the diet. Still, I can feel the difference, and that's fantastic.

    The best part, though? I'm no longer afraid of my wardrobe. I know that sounds odd, but I used to dread picking what to wear. I was afraid how tight something would be, what else wouldn't fit, etc. I didn't want to try things on because I didn't want to know it was too small. Yes, I was avoiding my pants. I was trying to live in denial. I wasn't succeeding.

    Now that I'm down a comfy amount, I'm willing to to try on the previously verboten items. I am close to the weight size I was during the summer of 2005, which is before unemployment and the bar. I still have a few more pounds to go, but I'm getting there. And I actually am getting there! Hopefully soon, I'll be able to fit into my interview suits from the fall of 2004. That would be a great milestone to hit.

    Anyway, since the weight-loss has slowed, I do need to literally step up the exercise. And stop paying lipservice to it (which is the sum total of the energy I've put into it so far).

    Onward, downward!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker