• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, September 17, 2007

    Monday morning haiku

    Never would have thought
    My boss really surprised me.
    Gave me a bonus.

    Yeah, whodda thunk it?

    There was a small "awards" ceremony earlier this morning to thank various individuals for their contributions on several long-term projects (all of which was actually within the scope of our jobs, so getting a bonus for it seems... unnecessary?), and I was included. Despite the fact that the project that I helped out with was really done by the time I got here. I contributed very little. Very little. And what I did, well, it's my job. But hell yea, I'll still take the cash. Considering how much I got, I can't imagine what the heavy-lifters on this project got, but it was very generous of them to include me. And I appreciated it and told them as much.

    Ooh, ebay? Yoo-hoo? Here I come.

    Actually, no. I called SM (poor guy, he's home sick today -- and he almost never takes sick days) and told him the amount. He was really surprised, too. I promised him I wouldn't use it as an excuse to go on a shopping spree (ahem, already did that) but rather just bank it to so I don't feel like I'm totally broke all of the time.

    So this week is actually off to a good start! Yippee!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker