• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, September 16, 2007

    The dating scene

    ::sigh::

    The dating scene. I thought my days dating were over. I was never any good at it, and frankly, I didn't have much practice.

    Oh, I've had a bunch of boyfriends and several serious relationships. But I never really played the field. Maybe that's why I went out with some of the guys that I did -- to have a boyfriend and save myself from "dating"?

    Nah.

    Anyway, I feel like I'm back in the dating scene.

    Why? Because SM and I are trying to develop "couple friends" -- folks that both of us like and can hang with, rather than situations where one of us knows one of them and the other two are just along for the ride. You know what I mean?

    So we have our first "couple date" tomorrow, although I would never say that out loud (just write it on my blog). I have invited over a woman from my book club and her fiance. I really like her, and to the extent I've gotten to know him, I like him as well. And I think SM will like him as well.

    I feel like a matchmaker.

    It would be nice to have couple friends around whom we are comfortable such that we can hang and no one feels like they have to play host or anything. Or take pains to ensure that everyone is included. Because we'll all be comfortable enough in each other's space that it just doesn't matter.

    Like I said, it's just like dating. I've got all of the same thoughts and emotions running through me...

    "Will they like us?"

    "I hope we find stuff to talk about" (that won't be a problem because the other woman is just as chatty as I am)...

    You know how it goes.

    The pressure is somewhat off because we have met and interacted before. And I think we all have a lot in common. So this is kinda just an experiment.

    But I'm still a little nervous.

    You all out there firmly planted in coupledom -- how do you meet and make couple friends?

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker