• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, June 22, 2007

    Never saw this before

    On my walk to the metro this morning, I saw a first. A first for me. Such a first that I did a double-take.

    Here's the scene: a very nicely dressed businessman passed me going up the steps at the metro. He was carrying a briefcase and had on a suit and tie. Your basic dark suit, white shirt, etc. Nothing remarkable about it until I realized that the suit he was wearing had short sleeves.

    As in, cuffed above the elbow. Not rolled or scrunched up. A nice tailored cuff. Above the elbow. Sort of like this jacket except more tailored and business-like, and the sleeves were definitely above the elbow.

    Did I say that the sleeves were above the elbow? I thought so. Just checking.

    That was a new one for me, so I did what anyone would do -- I first stared (just kidding)... I googled it. It was hard to find pictures, but I did find a few. Apparently short sleeved suits for men are more popular and more available in Asia.

    The guy I saw was quite sharply dressed -- avante-guard and well put-together. But short sleeves on a men's suit? I dunno. Might be a tough sell around here. I don't even like short sleeves on men's shirts (when worn with a tie, that is).

    But for the sake of keeping cool? Looking cool? Some could probably pull it off.

    What thinketh you?

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker