• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, June 19, 2007

    External validation please

    I just wanted to check in with my online peeps. Help me out here -- it IS okay that I am irritated by the incessant giggling that emanates from the cubicle across from my office, from the 20-something woman who turns into a giggle-machine every time a 20-something guy stops by to visit (which they do with regularity), right?

    Now, before anyone hurls the "jealousy" charge at me, let me just put an end to that. No big green monster; not even a little one. No envy. None of that. I could not care less if that corner becomes match.com central. In fact, I wish her luck in her flirtations, but with one caveat: she must stop the giggling.

    This isn't a petty little office spat or sour grapes. I actually like the woman -- and I have reasons, two of them, to be precise, for wanting her to shut up: first, the noise is annoying and distracting and hard to ignore when you're working, and second, I am equally irritated that this woman, who usually carries herself with dignity and decorum, dissolves into a giggling mass when the men come to visit. I mean, c'mon. This isn't high school.

    I'm jest sayin'.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker