• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, June 12, 2007

    Can I apply for dual citizenship?

    Courtesy of Tom at Fargoing, who in turn snagged it from Strange Maps (read there for the details, explanation, etc.), I found this map to be very interesting. It labels each US state with the name of a country with a similar economic output, population notwithstanding -- so it deals in total numbers, not per capita production.

    I was born in Washington, DC which is smaller than a 10 x 10 mile city (Virginia took back its share), but this map suggests my fair city has the economic output of New Zealand.

    We don't have as many sheep, though, unless you count all of the federal workers.

    (click on image for larger version or go to original post)

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker