• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, June 10, 2007

    Book club

    Finally!

    We had book club on Thursday night, and for next month, we're reading The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.

    I have been wanting to read this book for SOOOOOOOOO long and have had it on my shelf for more than a year. SM took it on his recent trip to Puerto Rico and gave it thumbs-up as a really well-written book that he enjoyed. Magic Cookie loved it, too, and said it was one of the best books she had read in a long time... which just made me all the antsier to read it. I actually picked it up to start reading as a commuting book, but forced myself to put it back down because it was on the book club's list of potential picks.

    We finally chose it this month as a result of my advocacy, another member wanting to read more about the Vietnam War era (because she just got back from an extended trip, which included Vietnam) and another member who read it in college and just gushed about how much she loved it and wanted to read it again.

    I already dove into it and am just devouring it. Yum!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker