• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, March 06, 2007

    And the final tally is...

    $593.78

    Remember that $20/day self-imposed spending limit experiment that SM and I attempted for February?

    Well, I made it with $6.22 to spare. SM went over. By about $60. To be fair, if he hadn't splurged on a very nice Valentine's Day dinner, he'd be under by a chunk. But, Sweet Man that he is, he did.

    Me? I gave him nothing for Valentine's Day. I'm a selfish bitch.

    But I made my limit. But only barely.

    My largest expenditure was on ebay stuff. Stupid stuff that I didn't need. But to be honest, I didn't spend all that much. I reined it in signficantly. The second largest expenditure was on food. I think SM's largest expenditure was on food. Valentine's Day dinner aside, he does spend more than I do because he buys his lunch every day. He also went out for a few happy hours. Me? No drinky. Also, I usually eat oatmeal (for which I am developing a reputation in the office... uh oh!) or soup. In other words, I'll eat mush for lunch to buy crap on ebay.

    Ahhh... choices!

    We are going to track our spending for March, but we both know it will be impossible to keep to the $20/day diet. One, because I have a business trip where we'll be eating in many expensive but yummy restaurants -- so there's no point in even trying. I may eat half of that $600 in that week (literally!). Second, my birthday is this month, so I certainly wouldn't want to constrain SM's spending! (See above comment about my being a selfish bitch.)

    But we're going to track our spending to see where we can cut things out. And then, maybe in April we'll do the $20/day thing again. Heck, after this month, we may have to!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker