• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, February 12, 2007

    I have to get this out of my system...!

    I'm going nucking futz over this. I try not to care, but it's so friggin' petty that it grates on me...

    What could be so awful, you ask?

    Actually, it's really nothing. A small issue, but it irks me so much that I just need this rant.

    You see, my boss always seems to need to "correct" my writing -- adding commas where none are necessary (but she wants them); changing correct grammar to sloppy sentences; and even editing the facts.

    I am an excellent writer. I know I am. I can let the stylistic changes roll off of me (for the most part), but it so. very. much. irks me when she makes my writing look worse, sloppier. Also, c'mon, can't we let the small things slide? Let me have my own style on documents that bear my name. It's not like there's a strict format for, oh say, NOTES FROM MEETINGS!!! I may be the newbie, but I'm not a dummy.

    As my dad would say, geez o' flip.

    /rant

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker