• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, February 12, 2007

    Yuck.

    I came down with something which knocked me on my ass (although not flat on my ass) on Sunday. I was tired and achy and completely lacking in focus, more so than usual. No fun.

    So, I bought some Zicam flu spoons. Ya' know, the ones that have medicine measured into disposable spoons that you're supposed to mix into a drink? The medicine is supposed to be tasteless -- at least, the box says "virtually tasteless".

    Utter horsecrap.

    "Virtual tasteless" my ass. Maybe if you're so freakin' congested that you can't smell or taste anything. Otherwise, bleck.

    I mixed the medicine into tea with honey and milk, but all I tasted was medicine. Awful tasting medicine. Despite loads of honey. It was just horrible. Utter ick. I could only manage about half a mug before I gave up. And the box says that you're supposed to lick the remaining medicine off of the spoon after you've mixed it into your drink. No way.

    Here I was thinking I'd drink something pleasant (the tea) that would help me feel better. Instead, I got ick. Very sad.

    It's not nice to torture sick people.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker