• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, December 23, 2006

    Movie meme

    The holiday season is when the networks traditionally broadcast the tried and true favorite movies to draw in all of us who are overstuffed with cookies and candy and have no interest in moving off of the sofa (especially if it's cold out).

    Well, that inspired this movie meme... here ya' go:

    1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
    Oooh, that's really easy. The Sound of Music jumps instantly to mind. Other contenders would be Miracle on 34th Street or maybe It's a Wonderful Life (detect a pattern here?).

    2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
    Star Wars -- when it first came out in the theaters in 1977 (yes, I'm that old) and when it was re-released in 1996 too. Come to think of it, Star Wars would be a contender for the answer to question one.

    3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
    Sean Penn (because I think he's an excellent actor and would trust that any movie he's in would be good) or Matthew McConaughey (for the eye candy factor).

    4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
    Easy, Tom Cruise.

    5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
    Oh, well, I'm not a quoter as such (like my brothers)... I'll have to pass on this one.

    6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
    Again Sound of Music (because of answer #1) or Grease.

    7. Name a movie that have been known to sing along with.
    Grease (she admits sheepishly) or The Rocky Horror Picture Show (I mean, who didn't?).

    8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
    Oh gosh, I should write something profound and inspiring here, but I got nuthin'. I'm inclined to name something that has become such a part of American pop culture that it qualifies as a "must-see"... Gone with the Wind?

    9. Name a movie that you own.
    I think the first movie I wanted and got on VHS was Eat, Drink, Man, Woman.

    10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
    Cher, for one. Will Smith more recently.

    11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
    I remember seeing one of the Benji movies in a drive-in when I was a kid. Actually, I remember going to the drive-in theater many times when I was a kid, but I couldn't tell you what most of those movies were.

    12. Ever made out in a movie?
    Um, yeah... sorta.

    13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.
    Brokeback Mountain.

    14. Ever walked out of a movie?
    Nope. Especially not at $10 a pop.

    15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
    Oh, there are many, many. ET did. I definitely bawled at Saving Private Ryan... and others.

    16. Popcorn?
    Depends on my mood. I like to eat it but can't stand the smell of it when others near me are. Also, diet coke.

    17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
    Gosh, I'm lucky if I get to the movies once every other month. During law school, it was once every six months. I'm hoping to improve on that ratio now.

    18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
    Stranger than Fiction (ya' know, with Will Ferrell?).

    19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
    Indy. Dialogue-driven.

    20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
    The Sting (1973), not that I had any interesting in seeing it. My dad wanted to, and I guess he was on kid-watch that day so we went. I do remember having to pee very badly in the middle, and he tried to get me to hold it so he wouldn't miss too much. Heh. I bet he doesn't remember that!

    Tag PTW and Zuska, you're it!

    (And, oh yeah, The Sound of Music is on right now... I think it is now without question the movie I've seen the most, partially because my mother loves it and partially because it's on TV every year during the holidays.)

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker