• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, December 22, 2006

    Congrats Denise!

    She just graduated from UMich Law School. Woo-hoo! Way to go!

    Her cap and gown photo reminded me that it was one year ago for me that I finished law myself. One year??? Wow, it's hard to believe I've been out for a year.

    I was really excited to see that Denise got to walk with her fellow December grads. I think that's very classy of UMich. I'm sorry to say that Georgetown Law can't be bothered to put together a separate ceremony for those who finish coursework any time other than May, even though there are always quite a number of folks who do. In fact, even though I finished all of my coursework in December, GULC didn't let me graduate (according to my diploma) until February. What gives with that? And I had to wait a full six months to walk -- December done but May ceremony.

    ::grumble, grumble::

    But don't let my kvetching lead you to think that I'm anything less than thrilled for Denise. Way to go, chica!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker