• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, November 17, 2006

    Interviewing this week

    Had one interview yesterday and one more on Monday -- both are for federal lawyer jobs, so I'm excited (because we all know how long it takes to get a federal job).

    The interview yesterday was tough, TOUGH. Two pages of very specific questions lobbed at me by three attorneys in the office. We're talking "name the legislation" specific questions. Eeeks. I think I handled all of the questions well enough, but these three didn't give a thing away. Talk about stone faces! I got nothing. It's pretty hard to plow ahead confidently when you have no clue how you're doing.

    But there was some head nodding and lots of notes being taken. And twice I got comments along the lines of "you argued that well" or "good answer".

    Still, who knows? But I WANT this job. I hope I conveyed that in a professionally enthusiastic manner rather than one which screams "kissing your ass".

    Second interviews will be scheduled for early December. Fingers crossed!

    eXTReMe Tracker