• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, November 15, 2006

    What do you say when...

    What do you say when you get a call with the news that someone you know -- not a close friend but someone you like a great deal -- has been hit by a car..? And it's not good. And the hospital is just waiting for the family to arrive so they can say good-bye because there hasn't been any brain activity in 24 hours...?

    What do you say when you hear that news?

    This young man -- in his 20s -- had enough personality to fill a room. And even more potential. I worked with him for a little while and then had a few interactions over the past six years -- always with a friendly greeting when I did see him. Everyone knew he was a great guy. And so full of life, truly. And I did know him well enough to say that he was doing and would have continued to do really great things.

    Damn, it's so sad. Damn.

    eXTReMe Tracker