• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, August 01, 2006

    Thumbs up.

    I finally saw the new Morgan Spurlock show 30 Days, and I thought it was really well done. Thumbs up from this reviewer.

    The episode I saw was about a Minuteman border patroller (who is a Cuban immigrant) who moves in with and lives the life of an undocumented Mexican family in East Los Angeles for a month. The show pulled no punches in terms of portraying the political views of each side. Maybe it was more sympathetic towards the family, but it was an exercise in portraying the perspective of those who come into this country seeking a better life.

    Like I said, it was well done. Of course, my politics lean heavily towards immigration reform (and screechingly away from the Minutemen militia mentality), but I'm hopeful that the show will make people think. And understand that national policy debates are ultimately about people.

    And I'm looking forward to seeing what else Spurlock presents.

    eXTReMe Tracker