• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, July 31, 2006

    It's true

    Mel Gibson jumped the couch with his bizarre behavior when he got pulled over for a DUI the other day.

    But what I wanna know is why is it that when we like an actor's work and looks that we seem to think that the private person behind the public face is just as likeable? Just because someone plays a good guy/gal role doesn't make the actor a good guy/gal. Why are we surprised to find out that celebs are just regular folks with just as many ordinary and offensive views as anyone else? Heck, why do we consider these folks role models? What is it about fame that suggests that celebrities -- actors, sports stars or anyone else -- have any more substance or integrity or character than any one else just because they have one talent?

    I'm just sayin'...

    eXTReMe Tracker