• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, July 30, 2006

    According to a reliable source

    or rather, The Reliable Source (WaPo):
    Did Eleanor Holmes Norton get the joke when she appeared Thursday on Comedy Central's fake-news cult favorite "The Colbert Report"? D.C.'s congressional delegate says she not only got it, she figured out how to beat Colbert at his own game.

    "I went in there determined not to be his victim," Norton told us on Friday. The mistake her colleagues make, she said, is answering Stephen Colbert as if he were a real reporter. "I thought I should be very straight, don't laugh, answer him with answers as ridiculous as his questions were and to use my law professor background."

    The reviews were sharply divided: those who thought Norton was clueless and those who thought she was hilarious. Our take? By playing the perfect straight man, Norton came off much wittier than those congressfolk who try to be funny on the show.
    Take my word for it, she got it. I've seen her do "law professor", and yes, she definitely got it.

    Heh. Brilliant.

    eXTReMe Tracker