• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, August 01, 2006

    It's 10:00. Do you know where your kids are?

    Takes on new meaning here in DC.

    I'm not so sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, there has been a sharp increase in juvenile crime, and this is a means of keeping kids out of trouble (or safe from trouble). Plus, I do think parents should take greater responsibility for their kids. On the other hand, it's summer. Ten o'clock is too early for even something as innocent as a movie. Is this an unfair punishment of all because of the antics of a few?

    Of course, there are a number of exemptions to the curfew, and it only applies to kids under 17, but I remember being in high school and driving downtown to Georgetown to go out at night into the wee hours of the morning. I'd like to see how this rule is enforced and against whom.

    P.S. Here is what the WaPo had to say...

    eXTReMe Tracker