• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, May 12, 2006

    It's nothing personal

    It's just that I've felt kinda down lately about my job prospects (bar results aside) -- and when I'm down, I don't write much. Thus the promises of "more details later" and the not-so-personal blog posts lately. Like Lizbeth, I seem to have lost a bit of my blogging mojo. It will come back, I have no doubt. But I think I need to get in a better headspace first.

    So that's why I'm spinning a meme from E. Spat -- 'cuz I got nuthin' original right now. Here goes...
    I AM: frustrated that I have a law degree, a whack-o-debt and no permanent job yet.
    I WANT: to travel in South America for three months instead of doing the responsible thing of self-flagellation on the job market.
    I WISH: I had a house with lots of space and big closets, a lawyer job, more patience, things to be really excited about, that I could find my missing iPod...
    I HATE: uncertainty.
    I MISS: paid vacation/sick days.
    I FEAR: I'll still be in employment limbo in another month after I am sworn in to the bar.
    I HEAR: nothing. Silence is reverberating through my head.
    I WONDER: what I'll be doing in two months.
    I REGRET: not much. I'm not the type to carry regrets. I figure -- what's the point? Either do something about it to rectify the situation as best as possible or let it go.
    I AM NOT: going to let others devalue my contributions or undermine my self-esteem and pride.
    I DANCE: best to 80s pop music -- my era, man!
    I SING: as rarely as possible because I can't carry a tune, even if it's written on paper.
    I CRY: at maudlin television shows and cloying commercials. And I then I feel like a complete dork.
    I AM NOT ALWAYS: this much of a downer.
    I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: pottery, arts/crafts, a mess in my apartment.
    I WRITE: like I speak -- in babbling, meandering, run-on sentences.
    I CONFUSE: Minnesota with Missouri all of the time. St. Paul, St. Louis? Never been to either. Who can blame an East coast girl!
    Detect a theme? Yah. I gotta effect some change in my life.

    eXTReMe Tracker