• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, June 29, 2005

    It's all a matter of perspective

    One last post today...

    I am now working at a law firm for the summer. Yes, I'm a "summer" as they call it -- it's kinda like being a cross between a temp and an apprentice, but I digress...

    My firm believes that they should expose us to the real work (which I think is a good thing) but also do fun stuff. Unlike a number of other firms, we don't get spoiled with the wining, dining and courting with no real work. We get real work and the occasional wining and dining. I have been told that the summer experience is a realistic snapshot of what life is like as a junior associate.

    Unfortunately for me this week, it's been all together too true. I stayed at the office until 10:00 Monday and yesterday evenings. I was miserable -- because it was a LONG coupla days and also because no one else was around. I was all by my lonesome, wallowing in a multi-state research project (bleck). However, in some ways, it was a good thing that no one else was around; that means that the firm doesn't kill people, staying all hours of the day and night.

    Today, I escaped at 6:00. Can I tell you that I actually felt joyous with a spring in my step as went to pick up my drycleaning (so happy that I got out while it was still open)???

    Picking up my dry cleaning was a happy thing? I need to get a life! LOL.

    eXTReMe Tracker