• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, December 17, 2010

    Hi Guys!!!

    I'm sorry for the long absence, even after my teaser post a few weeks ago. I do have stuff to blog about, and I've been wrestling with how to much to tell.

    Ya' see... we learned some news about a month ago, and we've been keeping it mostly under our hats. Haven't even told our families yet...

    So on the one hand, I feel terribly guilty about letting the cat out of the bag here, before telling my fam. And I've also been terribly anxious... and superstitious and, therefore, cautious. But, on the other hand, I'm just about bursting..

    I'm sure you can guess what I'm getting at. And you're right.

    As of December 15th (one month after finding out), I am now 9 weeks preggers. Yup, I'm with child. Got a bun in the oven. Knocked up.

    Way to go, SM!!!

    Given my age (and this being the first kidlet to be hatched), I spent the first month worrying incessantly about everything. It got to the point where I had to tell someone because the anxiety was just overwhelming. That's why I came back to my hibernating blog. I needed an outlet, but couldn't discuss it with the usual suspects. But you'll keep my secret, right? We aren't broadcasting this yet, and we aren't telling the fam (except my mom) until next week. It's going to be a Christmas surprise for our families. So, shhhhh!

    What made for the change from anxiety to excitement? I had my 9 week check-up on Wednesday, and the sonogram showed that Li'l Pea (making SM Li'l Pea Daddy) is doing his thing on schedule. At the prior 6 week picture-fest, he wasn't quite where he should have been -- thus the crazy worry. And believe me, I know how to worry. Now that he's back on track with a good heartrate, I feel more reassured and am actually starting to feel excited about our future tax deduction!

    So that's my big news. I don't intend to spend the rest of my blogging life talking about all the fun things involved in being pregnant, but I am finally interested and excited about writing again. Yay!

    And here's a picture of Li'l Pea, who is due to make an appearance on July 20th.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker