• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, April 02, 2009

    New plumbing

    Quick update: Dad's kidney transplant surgery went well, medically-speaking.  Tuesday was a nightmare of a day, but he was doing quite well yesterday and seems to be suffering only from the usual post-op pain, meds and fuss.  My stepmom is also doing quite well and will be discharged today, I believe.

    The day of the surgery was surreal in terms of all the administrative screw-ups.  We were told that they were scheduled for surgery at 8:00 AM and had to be in the hospital at 6:00 AM.  My stepmom didn't actually go back for her surgery until 4:00 PM, and Dad didn't go back until 5:30.  We spent almost 18 hours in the hospital, at least 6 of which were unnecessary waiting due to the administrative error.  I'll rant more about this later.

    The important thing is that they seem to be doing fine, and I am grateful for that.  The kidney also seems to be doing very well, and everyone is optimistic that it will continue to be a good little organ in its new home.

    Thanks for all the well wishes.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker