• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, March 29, 2009

    Kidney update

    Dad is good to go for the transplant this Tuesday. My stepmother (his wife) is the donor. The operations will be performed in New York. Dad and my older brother drove up today. My stepmother and various sisters will drive up tomorrow during the day. My younger brother and I will drive up tomorrow after work.

    I'm starting to feel a little bit anxious about this. Not worried, but concerned because a transplant is serious stuff.

    Tuesday morning is when it all begins. Dad's operation will last about 7 hours. I am confident that it will all work out just fine, but please send positive vibes for the surgeons and for Dad and my stepmom for successful surgeries. And then for speedy, easy recoveries.

    Thanks.

    I'll update when I can.

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker