• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, December 02, 2008

    Iro iro

    Quickly, because I have no patience right now for full paragraphs but feel like I should post something...

    1. I'm feeling sick (which explains my lack of patience) -- nauseated and generally icky. I hope I don't heave. It feels like I could. At any moment.
    2. Despite this, I am at work.
    3. I may go home later, but I'm trying to gut it out (no pun intended) through lunch.
    4. I have my yearly evaluation this morning, which is why I'm trying to stay. I don't know if the evaluation will make me feel worse tho'. Not because I expect anything bad, but because these things are always horribly awkward, especially with my supervisor who likes to balance praise with critique. Fun.
    5. I heard from a co-worker that her whole family was felled with something similar-sounding last week. I also went home from work last Wednesday because of this. But then, I thought it was something I ate that upset my stomach. Now, I don't think it was but is rather a bug going around. Bugger.
    6. I still haven't heard about the job.
    7. I can't tell you how much that sucks. It adds tons of stress to my every day.
    8. I can't believe it's December. I can't believe it's almost 2009. Wow, where did this decade go?
    9. I still haven't sent out the majority of my thank you notes from the wedding. Does the one-year rule apply to thank you notes as well as presents? I hope so.
    10. There are so many places I'd rather be than at the office. I can't even begin to tell you.
    11. SM is out of town for work. He gets back tomorrow night. Poor guy had his connecting flight cancelled and couldn't get on a later one (because they were all full with folks cancelled off of his flight), so he changed his car rental reservation and drove the last leg. It was approximately 100 miles. And he drove it in something like an hour and change. That's wicked fast. But then again, where he is, it's flat with not much to hit.
    12. I am also back on my "diet". Both SM and I have been indulging to our stomachs' content (pun intended!) since the wedding. And we've both packed on a few. Smart time for me to try to diet, eh? The holidays. I'm frickin' brilliant that way. Oh well.

    I'll shut up now. Anyone have anything cheerful to share? Cuz I'm all about the grumpy right now and could use some happy...

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker