• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, November 27, 2008

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Last week, SM and I listed out a few things that make us happy -- and for which we are grateful. Here are some of them. Some are mine; some are SM's.
  • Our doghter. There’s something really happy about a dog who expresses unmitigated joy every time you come home or snuggles up against you at night. I don’t know what she’s thinking or feeling, but it feels like affection, and it’s pretty damn cool.
  • Our family and friends. We have lots of people out there who love us.
  • President Elect Obama. 58 Democratic Senators. 257 Democratic House Members. That’s just a remarkable thing. We haven’t seen a government like this in a long time.
  • West Wing Reruns, which remind us how good television can be.
  • Fat Tire beer, which is fine craftsmanship and tastes great, but from now on will taste even better because I will inevitably associate it with the kindness and love of my darling wife and our friends.
  • The Boston Red Sox… and the fact that they won not just one but two World Series while Grampy was around to see it.
  • Having a job. I may not like it, but given this economy, a job is a good thing. And it gives me options for moving on.
  • We just were given a very nice car. We would never have such a fancy car if not for the generosity of family. Comfy driving and more safety features. Yay.
  • Anyway you look at it, I will get a $3K salary bump next month. And after the new year, we'll get a COLA. I don't know how much it will be, but I'm guessing it will bump me another $2K.
  • Leg and footrubs at night every night.
  • These are just a few of the many gifts we have in our lives. And it's nice to take the time to remember them, especially when our lives get a little crazy and out of control -- or are dominated by something not-so-pleasant.

    Happy Thanksgiving, all!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker