• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, July 26, 2007

    Women's health information

    Now, my mom routinely clips and mails to me articles from the paper with safety warnings or info about some health issue. I think it's part of the "worry gene" that mutates in parents -- especially mothers -- when kids come along. She also frequently forwards me "cute" (and annoying) emails with some kind of affirmation or cloying story. I tend to quickly assess and then junk much of what she sends me.

    But this was different. She sent this the other day, and it is worth the six minutes it will take to watch. I had never heard about IBC -- inflamatory breast cancer -- before my mother sent me this. So I learned. About IBC. And to take the time to look at everything she sends me because she did send it for a reason, and sometimes even a good reason.

    Thanks, ma.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker