• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, September 26, 2006

    Thinking about adoption

    A pet, that is. I must be nesting... but being without a job would make the transition for a new addition easier since I'd be home, at least in the beginning.

    Sadly, a cat is out of the question because of allergies, so I'm thinking that a small, apartment-sized dog would be great. No, not a lap dog necessarily, but a dog that could be paper trained and who wouldn't be absolutely miserable being inside a lot.

    Jack Russell Terrier? Beagle?

    Those are the first breeds that come to mind, but in reality, the choice will be based on who is at the animal shelter -- although my preference would be for a short-haired, relatively young but house-trained critter.

    My family has had a Maltese (who had an absurdly long registered name but we called him "Max"), and extended family has had multiple Pomeranians. (No, these aren't our actual pets; they just play them on my blog.) My sister has a Miniature Pinscher. But, according to this site, those breeds are all high energy indoors, so, um, maybe not.

    Anyone have any suggestions?

    eXTReMe Tracker