• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, July 17, 2006

    Like a tsunami crashing over you

    All of those who read this and are facing down the bar next week, I remember well how that felt. Like a tsunami about to crash over you -- impending, inevitable and completely unsurvivable. Like you're going to drown and you already can't breathe for the weight and volume and depth of it... certain doom. And there's nothing you can do about it. You're stuck, and it's coming.

    I remember.

    But I also survived. And if I can get through it with my crappy study habits and lack of any discipline whatsoever, others can too.

    And this is what I need to keep reminding myself now. I feel the same sense of dispair now, facing down a long, dark void of unemployment. I know there's a light there somewhere. I just can't see it now. And there's no definite date which signals the end of the anxiety, after which I can feel the relief of putting this stress and uncertainty behind me. This could go on forever.

    ::sigh::

    This stinks. Where's the chocolate?

    eXTReMe Tracker