• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, June 25, 2006

    More airport blogging

    This time from Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. Yay for public access wireless! No fees!

    I did manage somehow to get up this morning. But I can't really say I'm yet awake, despite the coffee. Lucky me, my flight is delayed an hour. Yippee. (Note the sarcasm?) So getting up early just means waiting longer. And I'm a bit grumpy about it. But one of my friends is on this flight too, so at least I have someone to watch my stuff when I have to go to the bathroom.

    I still don't know if I have the brainpower to process and write about much of this trip -- partially because I didn't get enough sleep and partially because there was so much to absorb.

    As an aside and on a completely trivial note, this is a very nice airport with lots of interesting shops and amenities. If I didn't have to squat my spot for Southwest, I'd explore a bit. (But I do have to complain that I checked in online yesterday at 10:00 am -- 23 hours before the flight, originally scheduled for 8:55 am -- and I still got a "B" boarding pass. That means that within the ONE hour between when you're allowed to pre-check-in and when I did, enough people printed their passes to push me back to the "B" line. What up wit dat? Grrr....)

    But maybe it's all for the best because I have already spent a good chunk of change this trip... bought a mask, some art, jewelry, etc. And I really can't afford it because I'm quitting my job when I get back. More about that later too. But I am soon to join the ranks of unemployed progressive attorneys in Washington, DC. There are too many of us.

    eXTReMe Tracker