• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, June 24, 2006

    Live from Arizona...

    I found out (after being here for three four days already!) that I have wireless in my room. Yay. Now I can post a bit about this trip, if I can find a few minutes!

    The two biggest highlights -- dare I say "once in a lifetime" events? -- were visiting the internment camp where my father and his family lived for a few years during World War II and seeing the Grand Canyon by helicopter. Both were just breath-taking, albeit for very different reasons. I've got photos of both, too, so I'll post them later.

    Also interesting was our trip to see various tribal colleges and learning about the opportunities and challenges facing the students of the various tribes.

    And surviving triple digit heat everyday. I mean, we're talking 107 usually and up to 110. Holy cow. This DC girl just ain't used to that! And don't tell me it's dry heat. It'll melt you whether it's dry or not! I've never been much for air conditioning, but I can't imagine not having it here. Ouch.

    Gotta run now. More later.

    eXTReMe Tracker